Sometimes, car accidents are simply unavoidable. We have no choice but to drive to work regardless of the weather, and all it takes is one mistake or a momentary lapse of concentration for an accident to happen. Fortunately, though accidents are common, they don’t usually result in serious injuries, but they usually result in damage to your vehicle.
We’re here to assure you that damages aren’t always expensive or difficult to fix. We specialise in dent removal, car scratch repair and just about any other auto body repairs to get your vehicle back on the road. However, you’d obviously prefer not to get into a scrape in the first place, which is why you might be interested in learning the most common causes of accidents.
AVOID GETTING INTO CAR ACCIDENTS
As aforementioned, there’s often nothing you can do to avoid crashing your car. However, knowing what causes needless accidents can help you become a safer driver. Here are just some of the most common causes of car accidents:
- Being distracted — The most common reason why people crash simply comes down to not paying attention. This has nothing to do with anything hugely illegal such as driving drunk but chatting on the phone, eating a snack or sending a text puts you at serious risk of having an accident.
- Speeding — Sometimes, we all take pride in our driving skills and fancy ourselves as racers, but speeding is the second largest cause of car accidents because you can’t react quickly enough to prevent a nasty situation.
- Drunk driving — This, of course, is highly illegal, and there’s a very good reason for it. Being inebriated slows down your reactions makes it easier to get distracted, alters your perception and diminishes your ability to focus.
- Reckless driving — There’s nothing more frustrating than having somebody drive just a few metres behind your backend simply because you’re sticking to the speed limit. In addition, it’s one of the most common causes of accidents.
- Bad weather — It’s not always people who make mistakes that cause car accidents. Heavy rainfall can make roads slippery and unpredictable, so it’s best to drive extra cautiously when the weather isn’t favourable.
- Ignoring red lights and stop signs — When you run a red light or stop sign, you could end up getting smashed into by another person driving at speed, and that’s when serious injuries can be sustained. It’s best to follow the rules of the road if you want to stay safe.
- Young drivers — Unfortunately, new drivers rarely take our advice on board about the need to drive slowly and safely and consequently, teenagers are the most likely age group to get into an accident.
HELP IS AVAILABLE
Hopefully, if you’ve recently scraped your car, the accident wasn’t too serious, and we’re here to return your car to its former glory as quickly as possible so you can get back on the road. Even the safest drivers get into scrapes from time to time, but our experienced panel beaters are here to help. Contact us today for quotes and advice or browse our website for more detailed information on what we can do for you.